Application Deadline: until filled
Founded in 1980, Portland Ballet serves to enrich the community through training, performance, education, and outreach in classical and contemporary ballet. The organization is comprised of a professional company, the Portland School of Ballet (including a pre-professional program) and a studio theater. The Executive Director works with the Board of Directors to develop and implement strategies for future growth. Appreciation of dance is required and experience in a dance organization is strongly preferred.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overall administration of the organization, in conjunction with the Artistic Director, including supervision of the three arms of the organization (Company, School, and Theater).
- Working with and reporting to the Board, providing visionary leadership, and holding the organization accountable.
- Overall fiscal management of the organization, including leading annual, endowment, capital, and other fundraising efforts in order to sustainably increase the financial resources available to the organization.
- Assisting in planning, budgeting, and implementation of performances, special events, and fundraisers.
- Overseeing publicity and marketing activities with Board and staff support.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter (including salary expectations) via email (BoardofDirectors@portlandballet.org).
Our 2017-2018 dancer roster is full, but if you are interested in non-dancer/staff, or teaching positions, please contact us directly. Thank you for your interest in Portland Ballet!